http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1002/2014EO200003/asset/eost2014EO200003.pdf?v=1&t=hvip8ico&s=b0ec7713c061bf0df5261c8049de962020c6d8b1

Selected quotes:

"If it's enough of an emergency to deploy the solar geoengineering system, it's
enough of an emergency to stop deploying devices--power plants,
automobiles--that make the problem worse."

""We should wait until we see that the emissions are stabilized in the
atmosphere" before we think about advancing emergency button scenarios such as
SRM..."

Accelerating melting of the the globe's major ice sheets isn't an planetary
emergency right now?

"If you take an assessment of the current state of knowledge for all of the
proposed techniques to remove CO2 from the atmosphere--at least the ones that I
am aware of--you have to account for very long time scales, generally in
decades," before you would have a significant impact from these techniques, he
said. "We can't count on proposed CO2 removal measures to notably supplement
mitigation measures anytime in the near future."

Hmmmm... 55% of our current CO2 emissions don't stay in the atmosphere due to
natural CDR.  I'd say that's beating the heck out any emissions reduction we've
achieved. Unthinkable that we can't up this percentage some, in the near term,
just in case that emissions reduction thing doesn't get the job done?

Greg