http://newcaledoniaplants.com/plant-catalog/mangrove-plants/

In addition to return crops and other plants back on soil there is also the
need to return mangroves and other plants on peatlands,
salt marshes etc. Their ability to take up CO2 as much as 4 times in tidal
conditions compared to forests on land makes alot of
sense to do it. Besides they can protect the coasts against SLR and erosion
problems.

Parminder Singh
Malaysia