From: Alan Robock <rob...@envsci.rutgers.edu>
Date: 05/10/2016  21:38  (GMT+01:00)
To: Geoengineering <Geoengineering@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [geo] The G4Foam Experiment: Global Climate Impacts of Regional Ocean
Albedo Modification

Comments welcome on the website while we wait for the formal reviews.

ACP Discussions
The G4Foam Experiment: Global Climate Impacts of Regional Ocean Albedo
Modification
by Corey J. Gabriel, Alan Robock, Lili Xia, and Brian Zambri
http://www.atmos-chem-phys-discuss.net/acp-2016-849/
Short Summary: The National Center for Atmospheric Research CESM-CAM4-CHEM
global climate model was modified to simulate a scheme in which the albedo of
the ocean surface is raised over the subtropical ocean gyres in the Southern
Hemisphere. Global mean surface temperature in G4Foam is 0.6 K lower than
RCP6.0, with statistically significant cooling relative to RCP6.0 south of 30°N
and an increase in rainfall over land, most pronouncedly during the JJA season,
relative to both G4SSA and RCP6.0.

--
Alan

Alan Robock, Distinguished Professor
   Editor, Reviews of Geophysics
Department of Environmental Sciences             Phone: +1-848-932-5751
Rutgers University                                 Fax: +1-732-932-8644
14 College Farm Road                  E-mail: rob...@envsci.rutgers.edu
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA     http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robockhttp://twitter.com/AlanRobock
Watch my 18 min TEDx talk at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsrEk1oZ-54