Dear Andrew,

Thanks for bringing attention to this work. I was unaware that it would be available so quickly in the university's on-line archive.

I would like to acquaint the group with this effort and our plans, and to ask a favor. This project was carried out by a group of Masters students in our School of Natural Resources and the Environment. We recognize that the quality is uneven (and the students' individual grades reflected that!) Our plans are to work to improve the work over the coming months and to issue it as a report from the University of Michigan Energy Institute. Previous reports from our institute can be found at

http://energy.umich.edu/research/publications

Information about our /Beyond Carbon Neutral /initiative, including the summary of our recent workshop, can be found at

http://beyondcarbonneutral.org/

We would welcome comments about the Carbon Dioxide Removal report, as well as our other projects. I would like to ask that, rather than posting them to the Geoengineering group, these be sent directly to our Communications Director, Amy Mast, at amym...@umich.edu

Thanks and we look forward to your responses.

Mark Barteau
Director, University of Michigan Energy Institute