I would strongly discourage researchers from using flippant terms such as
"cocktail" rather than more formal descriptors (e.g. "combined" or
"integrated" or "multiple", in this case). Careless terminology is likely
to invite problematic framings in the discourse, which will then present as
obstacles for effective public understand, policymaking, and governance. I
am hoping to have have a paper out later this year or next year that
addresses some of the challenges around CE terminology and framing.

Best,

Adam

--
Adam Dorr
University of California Los Angeles School of Public Affairs

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Christoph Voelker <christoph.voel...@awi.de