It depends where in the IR you are talking about. There is solar flux incoming
in the near IR about 1-4 microns, nett outgoing beyond about 4 microns. The
outgoing is the planet’s dissipation, the entropic price paid for the
organisation resulting from the atmospheric and oceanic circulation, the
biosphere and human activity. ‘Harvesting’ that might be thermodynamically
counter productive.

Adrian Tuck
a.t...@imperial.ac.uk
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/atmospheric-turbulence-9780199236534?cc=gb&lang=en&;