Clive
How do you think that stuff got up to the Ozone hole?
Stephen

From: healthy-planet-action-coalit...@googlegroups.com
<healthy-planet-action-coalit...@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Clive Elsworth
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2022 11:22 PM
To: SALTER Stephen <s.sal...@ed.ac.uk>
Cc: Ron Baiman <rpbai...@gmail.com>; Sev Clarke <sevcla...@me.com>; Peter
Wadhams <peter.wadh...@gmail.com>; Chris Vivian <chris.vivi...@btinternet.com>;
H simmens <hsimm...@gmail.com>; John Nissen <johnnissen2...@gmail.com>; Robert
Tulip <rtulip2...@yahoo.com.au>; geoengineering
<geoengineering@googlegroups.com>; Planetary Restoration
<planetary-restorat...@googlegroups.com>; Shaun Fitzgerald <sd...@cam.ac.uk>;
Hugh.Hunt <he...@cam.ac.uk>; Daphne Wysham <dap...@methaneaction.org>;
healthy-planet-action-coalition
<healthy-planet-action-coalit...@googlegroups.com>; Dermott Reilly
<dermott.rei...@nanolandglobal.com>
Subject: Marine Cloud Brightening

This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email
is genuine and the content is safe.
Stephen

I confess I'm not sufficiently familiar with atmospheric physics to say whether
aerosol particles released under the Arctic stratosphere would substantially
move up into it.

Either way, Marine Cloud Brightening seems the safer option to me for the
reasons you have given on numerous occasions. The question is if it can be
ready in time and with sufficient social license.

I think you're aware of the University of Washington's MCB work:
https://faculty.washington.edu/robwood2/wordpress/?page_id=954

The video on that page is high quality and only about a month old. I wonder if
some collaboration might help speed things up?

Clive

On 29/01/2022 21:03 SALTER Stephen