I totally get the idea behind gluing yourself to famous paintings. It’s the
grotesque situation that we value paint on canvas in millions (of dollars, of
course), while we head to extinction. Reading such articles on BBC again and
again really made me think. I would glue myself to a painting too if i didn’t
fear my career would go bust. Call me an idiot, Sir. You say that most people
react negatively to such a move. But it’s just your pronunciation not a fact.

I have a beef also in general with calling other people unserious just because
they have a different approach. It is very typical of conservative well
established academics. Of course, this note covers not just picking a monicker
or ways to raise awareness, but pursuing a research topic. Young scientists are
all too often discouraged by senior ones. The basis being that the senior
scientist never thought of that idea, or, is unable to compete in that arena.

Regarding some saying that the Make Sunsets and Andrew’s campaign point to an
urgent need of discussion and to rapidly paced steps towards global governance
of SRM geoengineering. I’m quite sceptical. What sort of global governance of
CO2 emission have we achieved through dialogue? Consider also the years spent
and the time we — allegedly — have. To clue ourselves up, we just have to
implement SRM etc. into integrated assessment models and see what is likely to
happen.

Btw. Andrew’s acronym is unlucky and off-putting to my taste too. But i view it
just so that he got carried away, overstepped a line perhaps. Obviously, he was
excited, and in that state of mind it could be difficult to think straight and
get everything right, or, as intended.