I can see your point, but I am personally not 100% convinced. I understand that the files are not copied to a new location by the importer module and may in fact well already be in the data directory (= the resource store). On the other hand, it does regard data rather than configurations and therefore should not be stored in the jdbcstore, there I agree with you. BUT I thought it could theoretically be possible in the future that the module is also used for configuration files that the user does want to be stored in the jdbcstore. To make things easy, the jdbcstore is equipped to ignore data files inside the data directory and leave them on the hard disk. Therefore it is never really harmful in any way to use resources instead of files, but it allows for more options for the future with less duplicated code. This was the idea behind it. Just my 2 cents.

Kind Regards
Niels