Hello Sjudeng,

The reason we want to disable the URL parameter is because it is a security risk. So only for that reason we want it to be configurable. The default could be "on". If it is on, both methods would work as you describe. If it is off, only the query parameter method would be disabled.

I like your generic implementation, actually that is something we have talked about as well. My client was able to use the github module  for other providers. We would ideally like there to be one oauth2 module with maybe some extra configs that works for all providers. Thanks for your input!

Kind Regards
Niels