On 27/09/2010 08:31, Tony Stewart wrote:
> Andrea
>
> Thank you for your comments.
>
> That does not seem to be the problem,though. Everything works as expected
> using WMS: "Desc LIKE '%bird%'" shows only features containing birds, "desc
> LIKE '%bird%'" shows no features ("desc" is an invalid attribute name), and
> "Desc x '%bird%'" shows tiles with an error message.
>
> Under WFS I always get all features returned, even with invalid attribute
> names, except when the CQL is syntactically wrong ("Desc x '%bird%'") when
> nothing is returned. Maybe Openlayers only caters for ogc filters using
> OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS?

Honestly I don't know, you should check on the OpenLayers mailing list,
asking how to add a vendor option.
It may just be an issue with the way the query is made, CQL filters do
work only in GET requests.

E.g.:
http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=topp:states&cql_filter=STATE_NAME%20LIKE%20%27M%25%27&propertyName=STATE_NAME

Senior Software Engineer