On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Mike Pumphrey <m...@opengeo.org> wrote:

> Interesting.  Is there a list of what changes are made to the data dir
> between 2.0.x and 2.1.x?  I know that we posted this information for people
> when we moved from 1.7.x to 2.0.x, and I think it could be quite useful for
> people now.  Especially if they run a 2.1.x GeoServer with their data dir
> accidently still set to a 2.0.x directory.  (Environment variables make this
> far too easy to do.)

The only ones I'm aware of are:
 <globalServices>true</globalServices>

<coverageAccess>
    <maxPoolSize>10</maxPoolSize>
    <corePoolSize>5</corePoolSize>
    <keepAliveTime>30000</keepAliveTime>
    <queueType>UNBOUNDED</queueType>
  </coverageAccess>

Both happen to be in global.xml.

Not sure if there is anything else going. Humm... well, if you create a
cascaded
WMS store/layer that won't load in GS 2.0.X, but I have no clue wheter that
will
just result in a failure to start GeoServer or just a boatload of angry
error messages.

Senior Software Engineer

phone: +39 0584962313
fax:     +39 0584962313