geowolf wrote
> Yes, of course, we cannot scan the whole data set just to generate the
> legend, that would take ages
> (I've played with vector dataset with up to 50 million records... do you
> really want to scan them to generate a legend?)
> For these cases we cannot scan the whole dataset, or even just try to
> extract the unique values,
> one needs to provide a static legend instead (there was work towards this,
> but I don't remember where it ended up)
>
> Cheers
> Andrea

Confirms what I thought. Thanks!

I updated the column (which determines the WellKnownName) to a non-existing
value (simulating a wrong data conversion) and tried to generate the map,
which failed (and a crystal clear log message was written to the error log).
Is it possible to ignore these wrong features or give them some default
rendering, like you can do with an ElseFilter?