Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 13:00:07 +0100
From: wilt...@gmail.com
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Geoserver-users] Displaying SVG external graphic issue

I'm using Geoserver 2.6.2. I need to use a SVG file as an external
graphic to style a points layer. When I open the WMS layer in QGIS, the
points are not displayed. This is not happening if I use a PNG file.

Here is an extract of my SLD code:

    <PointSymbolizer>
      <Graphic>
        <ExternalGraphic>
          <OnlineResource xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href="http://myserver/img/mySymbol.svg"/>
          <Format>image/svg+xml</Format>
        </ExternalGraphic>
        <Size>40</Size>
      </Graphic>
    </PointSymbolizer>

I'm wondering why the image format has to be svg+xml.

Is an additional XML file needed?