Hi Srikanth, please clarify.
  Did you click on "Layer Preview" and then on "OpenLayers" and you got
that XML error on the browser window?
  Please provide the actual url used. For example, in my case an
OpenLayers preview works fine and leads me to:

https://myserver.gov.br/geoserver/myservice/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetMap&layers=myservice:mylayer&styles=&bbox=-180.0,-90.0,180.0,90.0&width=768&height=384&srs=EPSG:4326&format=application/openlayers

  If you click on the menu to select the format on the "Layer Preview"
screen and choose WFS->GeoJSON, however, you will get a plain geojson
text dump to your screen. What were your steps to get that error?

Best,
Daniel