Hi Kevin,
I'm just going by memory, but believe you can simply look at the
configuration page for the cluster to
check if the embedded broker is enabled? It should also be logging on the
logs on startup.

However, per to peer in the default configuration requires multicast to be
enabled in your network, so that nodes
can find each other. Is that the case for you?

Cheers
Andrea

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Kevin Berger <kevin.ber...@silvacom.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> We have set up clustering between 2 geoservers. We want to implement the
> "Peer-to-peer newtork with embedded brokers and shared data directory"
> topology.
>

> We are using the default cluster configuration (broker.xml;
> cluster.properties; embedded-broker.properties). However, the geoserver.log
> is reporting errors like:
>
> 2016-09-21 08:10:43,834 WARN [network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector] - Could
> not start network bridge between: vm://3404d32d-6cd6-4ccb-a9f8-
> 2ee428c12977?async=false&network=true and: nio://127.0.0.1:57496 due to:
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
>

> As a first troubleshooting step, we want to verify embedded broker is
> running on each server. Is there a way to verify the embedded broker is
> running?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Kevin

==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.