I'm afraid this won't help as the code I've discovered is in the GWC
integration and independent of
how the storage is setup.
The only way to get rid of it without changing the code would be to remove
all gwc jars from GeoServer (which is btw completely feasible, if one does
not need caching/WMTS)

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 8:46 PM, kweis...@harris.com <kweis...@harris.com>
wrote:

> I haven’t tested this in a while, but we experienced this problem in the
> past and discovered that using the JDBC-Config plugin (from community
> modules) resolved the issue.  There is an initial hit during the first run
> with JDBC-Config enabled as it reads every resource file, validates it, and
> then inserts into the database, but then on subsequent startups the system
> is ready almost instantaneously.
>
> Kevin M. Weiss
> Software Engineer
> CRITICAL NETWORKS / HARRIS CORPORATION
> harris.com  / kevin.we...@harris.com

@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.