José,

support for demo requests against URLs other than
http://localhost:8080/geoserver was removed in 2.10.1 because it is a
vulnerability both in that it allows access to otherwise inaccessible
internal hosts using GeoServer as a proxy, and because the proxy allows
circumvention of browser cross-domain security restrictions.

This change was mentioned in the 2.10.1 release announcement but was not
well described:
http://blog.geoserver.org/2016/12/21/geoserver-2-10-1-released/
"Additional restrictions have been placed on the demo request page"

There is a Jira issue but it is mostly empty:
https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-7848

Kind regards,
Ben.

--