From: elenagrigoriou [mailto:grigoriouel...@gmail.com]
Sent: dinsdag 30 mei 2017 8:43
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Geoserver-users] Set up an INSPIRE compliant view network service
using Geoserver and Geonetwork

Dear all,

I am trying to set up an INSPIRE compliant view service using Geoserver and
Geonetwork. I mostly follow the instructions given  here
<http://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/3.0.5/eng/users/tutorials/inspire/view-geoserver.html>
, along with the guidelines provided in the context of INSPIRE implementing
rules.

Geoserver implements scenario 1 of the INSPIRE technical guidance. If I
understand well, that means that some of the view service metadata are mapped
to the wms elements of the capabilities response, which is extended in order to
include more elements that INSPIRE requires, such as MetadataUrl, supported and
response language.

I am testing my implementation with the JRC INSPIRE  validator
<http://inspire-geoportal.ec.europa.eu/validator2/>  . The validator does not
find the metadata elements that are not included in the capabilities response.
I think that this is expected, since, according to the instructions I followed,
the metadata file to which the element <MetadataUrl> is pointing, was created
by harvesting the capabilities response of the wms (using Geonetwork’s
harvester). So, the metadata elements required by INSPIRE are not included.

So, my question is, where do I fill out the metadata elements INSPIRE requires?
If needed, how can I change the Geoserver wms capabilities response, so that it
will include more metadata (conformity, temporal reference etc).

Has anyone used Geoserver/Geonetwork, following the aforementioned
instructions, and succeeded a 100% INSPIRE compliance?

I would be very interested to hearing your experience.

Thank you in advance.

Elena