Fra: Ian Turton [mailto:ijtur...@gmail.com]
Sendt: 1. august 2017 14:52
Til: Watermeyer, Andreas <andreas.waterme...@its-digital.de>
Emne: Re: [Geoserver-users] Styling: How to draw geometries on top of labels

You can't do this in a single image, GeoServer puts a lot of effort into saving
up the labels and doing conflict resolution etc to make them look nice. This
has to happen last in the drawing process.

To achieve this you can request two maps one for layer1 and another for layer2
(with transparency turned on) and then draw one above the other. However this
will prevent label conflict resolution so you may well end up with labels on
top of each other.

I don't understand what you mean about authorization? it has no bearing on
label drawing.

Ian

On 1 August 2017 at 13:37, Watermeyer, Andreas
<andreas.waterme...@its-digital.de<mailto:andreas.waterme...@its-digital.de>>
wrote:

Hi all,

we have a layer "layer1" rendered by a css style, consisting of geometries and
labels. Under certain circumstances another layer "layer2" shall be displayed
on top of it (containing circular poylgons), hiding the geometries and labels
"layer2" below.

We are currently accomplishing this through a WMS request like
"...&LAYERS=layer1,layer2".

This is not working because the labels are always rendered on top, instead of
being hidden.

I have not yet tried to define a layer group but I suppose it will be the same.
Furthermore the currenty approach is simpler, so if possible, we would like to
stay without a group.

I have also tried to tweak the z-index of the labels and geometries, but again
this has no effect, by intention I suppose.

Does anybody know how to hide labels by geometries?
Or alternative approaches?

Any help is welcome!

PS: This is actually meant to be some sort of authorization, although this is
apparently easy to circumvent.

Best regards,
Andreas

Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net>