Hi Jody,

First, a "wow" moment. At UNAVCO, we are experimenting with a new way to
compose GNSS site logs. We have a Geoserver connected to our database and
we have successfully mapped most of our site log data into the foriegn
GeodesyML schema using the App Schema extension for Geoserver. There are
still issues (mostly with datatypes) but it works! We are on our way to
being able to distribute entire sitelogs via WFS requests in GeodesyML
format!

Second, a request: it would be great to have support for 3D CRSs. PostGIS
Point can take up to a 3D (actually it can do 4D too) coordinate and
Geoserver could do the same. In particular we use EPSG:4978 (cartesian
Earth centered Earth fixed XYZ) along with 4326. I'm not sure how this
would work with OpenLayers (Cesium can do 3D maps?) but just recognizing 3D
Postgis geometries in features would be a great start!

Cheers,

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 6:03 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a "geoserver feature frenzy" presentation coming up at foss4g.
> Last time we asked the user list what features they found the most valuable
> (and had some surprises like the number of people who found the oracle
> database support vital).
>
> This year I would like to cast a wider net - please help out by sharing
> any "wow I did not know geoserver could do that" experiences!
> --
> Jody Garnett

> userlist-guidelines.html

Gavin Medley