Cool.
Thank you too.

Kind regards,
Steve Omondi

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Nuno Oliveira <
nuno.olive...@geo-solutions.it> wrote:

> I see, thanks for sharing your findings :)
>

> On 09/29/2017 02:24 PM, Steve Omondi wrote:
>
> Hi Nuno,
>
> So I just found a solution thanks to Andrea and Darell van der Voort.
> Precisely as you've pointed out it all about the
>

>> *GeoServer \ GeoWebCache security mechanism,*
>

> ​So apparently is you are having rules in Geofence or the Geoserver Data
> Security Subsystem that prevent access to that workspace or layer
> Geowebcache administrative task does not run.​
>
> I just removed the rules and it worked.
>
> Solution: With this it means every time someone wants to Seed a Tile Layer
> you have to create a temporary rule that allows access to the Layer and
> remove the rule after the task is complete.
>
> Works on *Geoserver 2.11.2* with integrated Geowebcache.​
>

> Kind regards,
> Steve Omondi
>
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Nuno Oliveira <
> nuno.olive...@geo-solutions.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> there was some recent changes in GeoServer \ GeoWebCache security
>> mechanism, I was not involved in that work
>> so I don't know the details ... could you precise which version of
>> GeoServer you are using ? This may help the involved
>> developers to give you some feedback.
>>
>> That said, based on your description it looks to me that you find a bug,
>> I mean if you can start a mass truncate for all the
>> layers you should for sure be able to truncate a specific layer unless
>> there is some specific rule that forbids you to do it
>> for that layer (which would be very strange IMHO).
>>
>> If you don't get any other feedback, I would suggest you to open a JIRA
>> ticket about this, providing the necessary steps to
>> reproduce this with a default (vanilla) GeoServer.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Nuno Oliveira
>>
>> On 05/25/2017 11:26 AM, Alberto CD wrote:
>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I am spent a couple of days try to find a solution for this so If only I
>>> could find help here that would be great.
>>>
>>> Problem specification:
>>>
>>> I am using GeoServer rest to truncate and seed layers after upload
>>> process
>>> (done using the rest too).
>>>
>>> Weird thing is /rest/truncate/masstruncate works fine but
>>> rest/seed/workspace:layer.xml does not.
>>>
>>> I am a bit lost about rest security and at the moment I have kept the
>>> rest.properties file using default configuration.
>>> /**;GET=ADMIN
>>> /**;POST,DELETE,PUT=ADMIN
>>>
>>> Using the curl command like so:
>>> curl -v -u admin:passwd -XPOST -H "Content-type: text/xml" -d
>>> "<seedRequest><name>tests:field_id_test_uavngb_products-uavn
>>> r></srs><zoomStart>0</zoomStart><zoomStop>20</zoomStop><form
>>> threadCount></seedRequest>"
>>> "http://IP:8080/geoserver/gwc/rest/seed/tests:field_id_test_
>>> uavngb_products-uavngb_20150130_120502_GNDVI_test.xml"
>>>
>>> I get this *200 response*:
>>> Note: Unnecessary use of -X or --request, POST is already inferred.
>>> *   Trying IP...
>>> * TCP_NODELAY set
>>> * Connected to IP (IP) port 8080 (#0)
>>> * Server auth using Basic with user 'admin'

>>> < HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>> < Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 10:03:29 GMT
>>> < Server: Noelios-Restlet-Engine/1.0..8
>>> < Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>>> <
>>> * Curl_http_done: called premature == 0
>>> * Connection #0 to host IP left intact
>>>

>>> When I check the *log in debug mode* I see:
>>>
>>> 2017-05-25 11:03:29,804 ERROR [org.geoserver.ows] -
>>> org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException: Could not find layer
>>> tests:field_id_test_uavngb_products-uavngb_20150130_120502_GNDVI_test
>>>         at
>>> org.geoserver.wms.map.GetMapKvpRequestReader.parseLayers(Get
>>> MapKvpRequestReader.java:1325)
>>>         at
>>> org.geoserver.wms.map.GetMapKvpRequestReader.read(GetMapKvpR
>>> equestReader.java:231)
>>>         at
>>> org.geoserver.wms.map.GetMapKvpRequestReader.read(GetMapKvpR
>>> equestReader.java:84)
>>>         at org.geoserver.ows.Dispatcher.parseRequestKVP(Dispatcher.java
>>> :1489)
>>>         at org.geoserver.ows.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:677)
>>>         at org.geoserver.ows.Dispatcher.handleRequestInternal(Dispatche
>>> r.java:265)
>>>         at
>>> org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handl
>>> eRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
>>>         at org.geoserver.gwc.GWC.dispatchOwsRequest(GWC.java:1207)
>>>         at
>>> org.geoserver.gwc.layer.GeoServerTileLayer.dispatchGetMap(Ge
>>> oServerTileLayer.java:618)
>>>         at
>>> org.geoserver.gwc.layer.GeoServerTileLayer.getMetatilingRepo
>>> nse(GeoServerTileLayer.java:563)
>>>         at
>>> org.geoserver.gwc.layer.GeoServerTileLayer.seedTile(GeoServe
>>> rTileLayer.java:757)
>>>         at org.geowebcache.seed.SeedTask.doActionInternal(SeedTask.java
>>> :136)
>>>         at org.geowebcache.seed.GWCTask.doAction(GWCTask.java:76)
>>>         at org.geowebcache.seed.MTSeeder.call(MTSeeder.java:36)
>>>         at org.geowebcache.seed.MTSeeder.call(MTSeeder.java:25)
>>>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>>>         at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPool
>>> Executor.java:1145)
>>>         at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoo
>>> lExecutor.java:615)
>>> 2017-05-25 11:03:29,797 DEBUG [org.geotools.util] -
>>> InterpolationConverterFactory can be applied from Strings to
>>> Interpolation
>>> only.
>>> 2017-05-25 11:03:29,806 DEBUG [org.geotools.util] - CRSConverterFactory