Hello everybody,

I'm running Geoserver 2.11.2 on Java 1.8.0_144 32 bits on Amazon Linux
together with Tomcat 9. I have a very urgent problem.

I have a Python script that uses the REST API to automatically create
users, set read/write permissions and create workspaces. I have been using
this for the last months without any problems. However today I had to
create 450+ accounts and workspace so I wrote a loop to generate the
accounts. This went flawless till about account 137. After that I got a
access denied:

HTTP 403 status Forbidden
Access is denied
The server understood the request but refuses to authorize it.
Apache Tomcat/9.01

Also when I log into the web interface using the admin account I cannot
access anything. The data is however still served. This leads me to believe
it is some kind of protection from Geoserver against DDoS or brute force
attacks. I do not have another account with admin rights.
How do I re-enable access to the Geoserver? I already tried restarting the
server instance, but no luck.

Thanks!
Darell