In the same way that changes made via the REST API (or the GUI) don't
affect your shapefiles on the disk there is no reason for changes to the
GeoServer state to affect the tables in your database. In fact, I would be
very angry if on deleting a  store in GeoServer my very expensive and hard
to collect data went missing in my database.

Ian

On 8 February 2018 at 18:25, João Afonso <joaodiasafo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello..
> When using REST API to create a new feature type via POST command, to a
> given datastore properly set to postgres/postgis, geoserver successfully
> creates the table. I pretend to update the attributes/table of objects and
> do the corresponding update to postgis table. To do so, I use a PUT
> request. It successfully updates geoserver XML file of feature type, but
> the postgres table is not changed at all. Also, the geoserver log clearly
> states, as PUT feedback, that only metadata is updated.
> How to reflect these changes in postgis table (for instance, create a new
> attribute/table field)? Is there something I am missing?
> I have the same problem about rest DELETE request: I am able to delete
> everything from geoserver, but the table keeps intact in postgres, when it
> is supposed (I guess) to reflect the changes there as well.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --

> userlist-guidelines.html
>
> If you want to request a feature or an improvement, also see this:
> https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/Successfully-
> requesting-and-integrating-new-features-and-improvements-in-GeoServer
>

> Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Ian Turton