Hi Andrea, thanks for the quick reply!

We will look into time enabled layers, I'm not sure that we're using that
feature.
This amount of layers is because our customers have lots of small tiles and
are loading more everyday (around 5k daily).

We're thinking about splitting our geoserver installation into two or more
servers (with different data_dir and database). That way we could keep the
catalog size and number of layers per installation in a way that doesn't
hurt the performance so much.

What number of layers do you think it can work without losing too much
performance?

Do you think that migrating from xml files to jdbcconfig with postgresql we
could keep increasing the amount of layers without degrading performance?

Best regards.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html