My configuration uses Apache as a proxy for geoserver on Tomcat. It works
like expected for WMS. Now I'm trying to add in a TMS server, manly to
simplify letting others access my tiles. But I'm getting a resource not
found when trying to access TMS tiles. On localhost it works fine.

Any suggestions of how I might correct my setup? BTW - I use virtual hosts
on Apache for other applications with no problems. Just GeoServer.

Below is my Apache setup and the error message I get attempting to display
tiles via the proxy

For Apache I've added a virtual host based on the URL:

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ProxyPreserveHost On
  ProxyRequests Off
  ServerName tiles.example.com
  ProxyPass /geoserver http://localhost:8080/geoserver/
  ProxyPassReverse /geoserver http://localhost:8080/geoserver/
</VirtualHost>

The error message I get when asking for a tile is as follows
http://tiles.example.com/geoserver/gwc/service/tms/1.0.
0/Washington:roads/13/1312/5366.png

Geoserver Log:

2018-02-13 15:12:41,424 ERROR [geoserver.ows] -

org.geoserver.platform.ServiceException: No service: ( 5366.png )

Tomcat Report:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with
it. The document tree is shown below.
<ows:ExceptionReport xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:ows="
http://www.opengis.net/ows"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/
2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="1.0.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://
www.opengis.net/ows http://tiles.example:80/geoserver/schemas/ows/1.0.0/
owsExceptionReport.xsd">
<ows:Exception exceptionCode="InvalidParameterValue" locator="service">
<ows:ExceptionText>No service: ( 5366.png )</ows:ExceptionText>
</ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

--
@osm_seattle