Hi Kris,

The way I work with GeoServer is to write comprehensive Node.js wrapper apps
around it, with their own authentication mechanisms and the rest, and only
control it via REST. So I'm not familiar too much with GS's auth system. I'm
trying here my best, mostly guiding you with respect to debugging and hoping
that you will uncover the issue by yourself.

I can't know exactly what is causing the warning, but in the screenshot I
can see an exception called 'authKeyAuthentication'. I know that GeoServer
has a community module called 'Key authentication'
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/authkey/index.html

Are you using the above module? Can you think of any plugins which you
installed and which might be affecting the authentication process (e.g.
GeoFence)?

Also, try and remember any configuration steps that you have performed
before this started to happen.

Best,
Manuel

--