Hi Kris,

As mentioned above, I'm by no means familiar with the authentication options
for GeoServer, so I'll do my best to help with debugging it yourself.

You say you use a Docker container. Did you look at the installation script?
Try and remove any line that pulls in and installs the authKey module. If
all else fails, try to SSH into the box and 'rm -f' the jar from GeoServer's
WEB-INF/lib directory. Then restart the GeoServer instance.

If you have multiple GS instances (i.e. multiple Tomcat containers), make
sure you do the same for all.

According to the last paragraph on this page, the file seems to be called
'authkey.jar':
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/authkey/index.html#provider-pluggability
<http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/authkey/index.html#provider-pluggability>

*Exercise common sense!* Make sure you back up the GS data directory before
doing any of the above.

Good luck!

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoServer-User-f3786390.html