I'm using the following endpoint to create datasources in Geoserver:

PUT /workspaces/{workspaceName}/datastores/{storeName}/{method}.{format}

I have been able to create vector datastores from an already available .shp at
Geoserver data directory, using the method as external and format option as
.shp

My issue is that the documentation
<http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/api/#/1.0.0/datastores.yaml> only
gives the .shp format example, and i can't seem to find whats the correct
option for geotiff format.

So, does any one know the list of available options for format and the
correct way to use it for geotiff data?