Hello all,

I am having unexpected results while using a SLD to style my layer, and I’m not
sure how to go about it.

I am pulling in raw weather radar data and giving it a color palette that
correlates to a dBZ value. That is what the quantity is in my SLD file, and
this is working fine. However, I also check to see what the precipitation type
is (i.e. rain or snow). If the precip type is rain, I do nothing to the data.
If the precip type is snow, I add 200 to the value so I can style it
differently. Though, this should work right in practice, there is a caveat. For
a value that is like 200, it blends all of the colors for all of the values
below 200, and then it will display the correct color.

Here is an example of what is occurring:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10HI1TOlAAExI_YJBzK0TBEmFGdsRjMW3 (
https://share.polymail.io/v1/z/b/NWI4MzRmYTRhNmUx/axcRdM2--rIJ2XiAtE2VwlFDRs_GX2253l0xBRux-giMsLuPcRL--vJS8qyBt4JL33SJpLZTtjFKBeWW_2nGNF7SxFcKqTnqGzbSiafrKWsMrZhP1iqVcwdqaPVMs_9OQG5wIkMP0d7s-nXkjiJsNY-GuHa07oV8Fl9ULvsfWc9yxdOHN01z5lYya86B2bNHyLTbEcTD14rdScoseDClwdzCahLfMs4KhC_aJl9h3JLdAuLpzZXyKI40EPkFo4F36YV3
 )

Here is what *should* be occurring:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15gS_w-FqVYPcDuynRRq4EvmaxM6mf2Pm (
https://share.polymail.io/v1/z/b/NWI4MzRmYTRhNmUx/axcRdM2--rIJ2XiAtE2VwlFDRs_GX2253l0xBRux-giMsLuPcRL--vJS8qyBt4JL33SJpLZTtjFKBeWW_2nGNF7SxFcKqTnqGzbSiafrKWsMrZhP1iqVcwdqaPVMs_9OQG5wIkMP0d7s-nXkjiJsNY-GuHa07oV8Fl9ULvsfWc9yxdOHN01z5lYya86B2bNHyLTbFOvZuam_Y_o7ZBiP2vDxRjrGc64Nty_9GXYk456iBby8p-Mldp-CyMnP7xuLvCl0
 )

Notice: those images are from different areas, hence the data doesn’t line up
correctly. Notice on the first one how it goes from my lowest ColorMap to
finally the one I need. The second one just, well, works (and doesn’t have the
annoying gradient effect through all the colors).

Here is my SLD file for reference:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qv885oCamQENlSXKeTzNW-zTAAZs4uPG (
https://share.polymail.io/v1/z/b/NWI4MzRmYTRhNmUx/axcRdM2--rIJ2XiAtE2VwlFDRs_GX2253l0xBRux-giMsLuPcRL--vJS8qyBt4JL33SJpLZTtjFKBeWW_2nGNF7SxFcKqTnqGzbSiafrKWsMrZhP1iqVcwdqaPVMs_9OQG5wIkMP0d7s-nXkjiJsNY-GuHa07oV8Fl9ULvsfWc9yxdOHN01z5lYya86B2bNHyLTbcPqy3uv9ZuoAbA2i8tbQYw3AeNQf7DjIIHpI_czlBZa79RKHwxidLcPxVw6VlGRs
 )

Also, I am using bilinear interpolation to “smooth” the raster data.

I hope I provided enough information. If I missed anything, please feel free to
ask for more.

Thanks a ton,
Tyler Youschak