Hi list,

I am trying to configure the range of time my WMS-Time enabled Layer can
be used for.

The problem i have is, that requesting the capabilities document slows
down the machine for several minutes and i receive a timeout.

Diving deeper into the issue i realized that geoserver asks my database
for the min and max values of the configured attribute, which is of type
timestamp.

As my database contains a lot of data, these queries take some minutes
to complete, for every single layer.

This leads to timeouts when requesting the capabilities.

So my questions is:

Can i manually configure a valid range for my layer, which will appear
in the capabilities document?

This way geoserver would not need to ask the database, which currently
is unusable slow.

Something like

Startvalue: "2013-11-11T12:30:00:000Z"

Endvalue: "NOW() + 7 days" or "2018-11-07T12:30:00:000Z"

Do i miss something or is this something that is not configurable at the
moment?

Thanks for feedback,

Johannes