Hi Ville,
I believe you should also provide some more info on your use case, like,
are you dealing with a lot of
data, do you maybe also have create on the fly aggregates out of it, or
maybe out of streams of data, and the like?
If so, GeoWave/GeoMesa seem to fit your use case.

But if instead you're just dealing with a smaller number of datasets (e.g.,
the buses over a city, a company's trucks on a road network)
and you just need to do a few updates a minute (e.g. thousands) then maybe
a more modest postgis storage is all you need

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 12:59 PM Ville Koivisto <
ville.koivi...@kuntotekniikka.fi> wrote:

> *Hi all, *
>

> Thank you for your answers, and sorry for my delayed one. I got struck
> with a sudden spike of work.
>

> Our needs are yet to be defined more accurately. Let’s say that our ideal
> solution would handle importing and displaying near real-time data (let’s
> say updating once a minute), would be open source and would have a plug in
> for Geoserver (or some other way of serving OGC standards).
>

> As far as I’ve understood for now, on paper both Geomesa and Geowave
> satisfy the above.
>

> Any other recommendations or perhaps materials we could take a look at,
> before we dwell further into this? I don’t seem to find too much info when
> googling about geoserver with real time data…
>

> *Thanks again,*
>

> Ville Koivisto
>
> +35840 701 4283
>
> GIS Expert
>
> Suomen kuntotekniikka Oy

Regards, Andrea Aime == GeoServer Professional Services from the experts!
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054
Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339
8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
------------------------------------------------------- *Con riferimento
alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 -
Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni
circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali
allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i
destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per
errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le
sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended
information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679
“GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information
herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail.*