Hi all,
 not sure this is the right place to ask for GeoFence but let me try.

So I'm running multiple geserver in cluster: all having a separate replica
of the data+datadir but connected to the same database via a connection
pool configured in tomcat (one Database for each cluster).

The loadbalancer is rotating through the Geoserver and the session is not
shared for the moment.

I've several of clusters like these and all are meant to be used as read
only, update is performed rolling/updating the snapshot of the disks
(automatically by the cloud manager with no downtime).

The clusters have an external Master Geoserver (one for each cluster) used
as model for the snapshots, so ANY write operation will be performed over
those instances and the cluster will be lazily updated later (pull).

Now I'm starting looking at GeoFence to manage the authentications and to
grant permissions over layers for any write operation over Master instances
(multiple customers) and for any read operation over the clusters...

In our scenario users can be managed across different cluster so I've to
centralize the user management (federated identity provider) and possibly
permissions.

Few initial questions about geofence:

- To simplify the infrastructure I'm wondering if it is possible to install
it as embedded plugin server sharing the GeoFenceDataSource configuration
over a single postgis DB (shared across one or more clusters and the
relatives Masters instances)?

- Is GeoFence able to limit access to the Geoserver's REST api to grant
permissions to create resources via REST (f.e. w/ GeoCatBridge) this is
something that I'm currently doing with rest.properties but I'd like to
make it configurable via GUI.

- is geofence really multitenant: supporting mutiple domains and paths (not
just by workspace)

- If it's not possible to share the database, how to clusterize an
embedded/standalone geofence server?

- looking here
<https://github.com/geoserver/geofence/wiki/GeoFence-configuration#database-configuration-1>
see it's possible to point to a database with an internal jdbc connection
pool, is it possible to use an external (defined in tomcat) jdbc connection
pool configuring geofence datasource via jndi? (any example is really
appreciated)

Thank you so much for any hint to address this new challenge.

Regards,
C.

--
Mr. Carlo Cancellieri