Dear List,
 maybe it was to complex, let me simplify:

How I can administer security/rest.properties via UI?
F.e.: Is GeoFence able to limit access to the Geoserver's REST api,
granting permissions to create resources (workspaces,stores,layers) via
REST ?

How did you manage that *dynamically* (at runtime)?

Regards,
C.