When I modified the PostGIS driver to (a) use Base64 and (b) optimize WKB parsing, I added two file:

http://svn.geotools.org/geotools/trunk/gt/plugin/postgis/src/org/geotools/data/postgis/attributeio/Base64.java
http://svn.geotools.org/geotools/trunk/gt/plugin/postgis/src/org/geotools/data/postgis/attributeio/WKBReader.java

If you look at the headers, the first (Base64.java) is tagged as Public Domain, and the 2nd (WKBReader.java) is based on the JTS LGPL code for its WKBReader code. Both of them had to be modified.

I talked to jody about whats supposed to happen when you do this, but he didnt know - so I'm asking the list.

1. leave it as is (ie. in the SVN repository)
2. create two jars with one class file in them, and stick them in the .jar repository and include them using maven.

Which are we supposed to do?

dave