I also noticed that the intersection() function at the very bottom of LabelCacheDefault.java is very similiar (but not exact) to Sun's Rectangle.intersection() function.

I've replaced this function with a call to JTS's Envelope.intersection() function. I believe this happened because JTS 1.6 didnt have the Envelope.intersection() function, while JTS 1.7 does.

I've fixed this is 2.1.x, 2.2.x, trunk, and FM branches.

dave