Jody,

Rob Atkinson suggested to me that uDig might be able to load
DataAccessFactory implementations such as AppSchemaDataAccessFactory via
SPI. Do you expect it to support these?

We have some units tests such as this that demonstrate the
AppSchemaDataAccess in action:
http://svn.geotools.org/trunk/modules/unsupported/app-schema/app-schema/src/test/java/org/geotools/data/complex/GeoSciMLTest.java

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining