+1

I occasionally patch WFS; but only as work permits; the module is unsupported
and is available for a volunteer to take care of.
We will need to ask you to go through the steps of becoming a committer; but
yes you are welcome to apply the patches.

The steps are not too scary:
1. Email the list; and get a plus one from a PMC member...
2. Send in the code contribution agreement; and let us know when it is sent off
3. Set up an osgeo id so we can grant you svn access

For more information; and the code contribution agreement check out the
developers guide here:
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOT/2+Committers

And yes you are already done step 1 ....
Jody