:( Sorry..... I'll try to fix the failing test right away.

Roy
  _____

From: Ben Caradoc-Davies [mailto:ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au]
To: Jody Garnett [mailto:jody.garn...@gmail.com]
Cc: geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:geotools-de...@lists.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 04:00:10 +0200
Subject: Re: [Geotools-devel] Patches WFS module

I have just excluded the two failing tests in the pom and filed a Jira.

  On 06/07/10 09:31, Jody Garnett wrote:
  > So now that it compiles hudson is reporting the following failure:

  > Test set: org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_ProtocolTest

  > Tests run: 24, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.574
sec<<<  FAILURE!

testGetSupportedGetFeatureOutputFormats(org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_ProtocolTest)
  Time elapsed: 0.143 sec<<<  FAILURE!
  > java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<2>  but was:<8>
  >          at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:74)
  >          at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:448)
  >          at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:102)
  >          at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:323)
  >          at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:319)
  >          at
org.geotools.data.wfs.v1_1_0.WFS_1_1_0_ProtocolTest.testGetSupportedGetFeatureOutputFormats(WFS_1_1_0_ProtocolTest.java:207)
  >          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  >          at
  >          at
  >          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  >          at org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethod.invoke(TestMethod.java:59)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.MethodRoadie.runTestMethod(MethodRoadie.java:98)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.MethodRoadie$2.run(MethodRoadie.java:79)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.MethodRoadie.runBeforesThenTestThenAfters(MethodRoadie.java:87)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.MethodRoadie.runTest(MethodRoadie.java:77)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.MethodRoadie.run(MethodRoadie.java:42)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner.invokeTestMethod(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:88)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner.runMethods(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:51)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner$1.run(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:44)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.ClassRoadie.runUnprotected(ClassRoadie.java:27)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.ClassRoadie.runProtected(ClassRoadie.java:37)
  >          at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner.run(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:42)
  >          at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
  >          at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:140)
  >          at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:127)
  >          at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
  >          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  >          at
  >          at
  >          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  >          at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:345)
  >          at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:1009)

  > I don't personally have time to back out your patch right now :-(
  >

  > Jody
  >
  > On 06/07/2010, at 9:54 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
  >
  > Final tip - your patch broke the build.
  >
  > We are using Java 5 given the large number of Java EE installations out
there; as such we need to use the "intiCause" method on occasion:

  > if (data.reader == null&&  data.saxException != null)
  >              throw (IOException) new
IOException(data.saxException.toString()).initCause(data.saxException);

geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:geotools-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>,
 Justin Deoliveira [mailto:jdeol...@opengeo.org]
  > Sent: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:31:40 +0200
  > Subject: Re: [Geotools-devel] Patches WFS module
  >
  > Hello Roy,
  >
  > I'm afraid Jody spoken too fast here, being Monday means there's only
  > one working day of delay since you submitted the patches last Friday
  > until getting a response from one of the module maintainers.
  >
  > The WFS module is in /unsupported while the 1.0 protocol part waits for
  > the current two maintainers, jdeolive and myself, to find the time to
  > port it to the architecture of the 1.1 client.
  >
  > It's been a long time though since we don't have the spare time to do
  > so, hence the module still being in unsupported land, as almost no one
  > is able to really maintain the xml tech the 1.0 client is based on.
  >
  > That said, you're more than welcome to join the development team if you
  > want to, and definitely have my permission to commit those patches that
  > I already reviewed.
  >
  > Best regards,
  > Gabriel
  >
  > On 7/5/10 8:23 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
  >> +1
  >>
  >> I occasionally patch WFS; but only as work permits; the module is
unsupported and is available for a volunteer to take care of.
  >> We will need to ask you to go through the steps of becoming a committer;
but yes you are welcome to apply the patches.

  >> The steps are not too scary:
  >> 1. Email the list; and get a plus one from a PMC member...
  >> 2. Send in the code contribution agreement; and let us know when it is
sent off
  >> 3. Set up an osgeo id so we can grant you svn access
  >>
  >> For more information; and the code contribution agreement check out the
developers guide here:
  >> - http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOT/2+Committers
  >>
  >> And yes you are already done step 1 ....
  >> Jody
  >>
  >> On 05/07/2010, at 5:35 PM, Roy Braam wrote:
  >>
  >>> Hello List,
  >>>
  >>> Last friday i created 4 patches and added them in jira for the WFS
module. (GEOT-3169 - GEOT-3172).

http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first

  > Gabriel Roldan
  > OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org<http://opengeo.org/>