With a couple hints now available to control the sax parser (disabling DTD
or supplying an entity resolver) I have struggle to hook this up to gt-wms.

Note turning off DTD will sacrifice full wms 1.1.1 compatibility as that
spec can use a dtd.

Options for hints include, pass a hints map around to all the methods
(changing internal API) playing silly games with a global setting (or a
thread local).