Thanks Ben! As mentioned on the pull request I was following the only other
system property for jdbc I found: “gt2.jdbc.trace”. I do prefer your
suggestion aesthetically but I think I would stick with the consistency if
it were my call.  But if folks feel strongly about it happy to change it as
well, no strong preference. We could also potentially rename the trace
property to “geotools.jdbc.trace” so that everyone wins :) … but not sure
how strongly people feel we have to maintain backward compatibility with
that.