Hi,

I was trying to use the Natural Earth GeoPackage (countries) - link below.

However, I found the rendering was very "wrong";
[image: image.png]
This triangle is actually 3 small islands - it's represented in the
GeoPackage as a Multipolygon (one polygon for each island).

This works fine in QGIS.

Looking at the gpkg_geometry_column tables;
[image: image.png]

We can see it's marked as "Polygon" (not multipolygon).

During reading, we get to these lines;

https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/library/jdbc/src/main/java/org/geotools/jdbc/JDBCFeatureReader.java#L409
[image: image.png]

Here, value is a Multipolygon, but the binding is a Polygon.  The
multipolygon is converted to a polygon, leading to the issues above.

I'm not sure what should happen here?

We could just throw an exception? Dont do the conversion? We could also
(similar to shapefiles) have polygon (and line/point) geopkgs always
represented as the corresponding multi*.  However, that's a bit
aggressive...

Doesn't seem to be a good solution here...

Ideas?

(note - this is 250mb)
http://naciscdn.org/naturalearth/packages/natural_earth_vector.gpkg.zip

Thanks,