On Tue Aug 9 13:00:16 BST 2016, RS wrote:

I thought at first I was going to have the same error
with your --pid-recursive suggestion.
It was trying large numbers of pids
and saying No media streams found.

"b00cmh3v" is the "brand pid" of all
Olympic Equestrian programmes the beeb
might've made available in the past;

get_iplayer --pid=b00cmh3v --pid-recursive -i

will print all the episodes mentioned at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cmh3v/episodes/guide

For 2016 Olympics, you could've used
the 2016 series pid p040pyx0, i.e. shows mentioned at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p040pyx0/episodes/guide

(I was lazy in my first reply and didn't search
for 2016 series pid).
That page suggests there'll be a total of 12 shows
uploaded for catch-up, of which 3 are already
available via:

get_iplayer --pid=p040pyx0 --pid-recursive --tvmode=hvfvhigh2

(--pid="p041yyt6,p042227v,p0424zw4")

It didn't find the third one, yesterday's cross-country,
but it may be that it takes a day or so to be made available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0424zw4 =>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0424zw4/olympic-equestrian-eventing-crosscountry

IS ALREADY AVAILABLE on the iPlayer,
hence GiP - it is my belief THAT pid is already
in your download history, as a result of your
previous downloading experiments! Use

get_iplayer --pid=p0424zw4 --tvmode=hvfvhigh2 --force

to redownload the whole lot!

Best regards,
Vangelis.