On Tue Dec 13 22:33:13 GMT 2016, Timothy wrote:
Actually, it can, if you don't have the -stats option there
(snip)
It was just the -stats option that was the issue

Hi Timothy

I think it's apparent in the portion of my post you quoted that I was refering to the combination of GiP 2.97 + FFmpeg 0.8.18, which is the one that does not work; GiP 2.96 (used by OP prior to updating to 2.97) does not pass -stats to FFmpeg 0.8.18, so - as you point - remuxing works. BTW, all credit goes to you for initially spoting the offending switch in the FFmpeg remuxing command.

Best regards, Vangelis.