On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 10:40:20AM +0100, RS wrote:
> [...] I can't speak for the poster in the forum, but for myself I am rarely
> interested in regional or local programmes. I now use
> --refresh-exclude-groups=regional,local
> Ought that to be the default?

Local, possibly, given that local TV output is generally just that bit of bland
badly-produced "human interest" filler one has to sit through between the
proper news and the weather. Local radio is actively dreadful and I suspect the
BBC would quickly shut it down if they were allowed to.

Regional is a different kettle of fish. BBC Scotland is a centre of excellence,
and BBC NI also has some fine programming. /The Blame Game/ gives a very
entertaining insight into the state of Irish politics, for example.