On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 01:37:55PM +0000, Owen Smith wrote:
> What they don't seem to make any allowance for is people like me. I do NOT
> want to login to access BBC radio and I do NOT want a personalised view of
> BBC content. I much prefer seeing the schedule for the stations and selecting
> something to play from that.

FWIW, listeners from outside of the UK are not prompted to log in. A VPN is one
obvious workaround.

I suspect one could argue that the BBC is breaching the GDPR as "[a] data
controller may not refuse service to users who decline consent to processing
that is not strictly necessary in order to use the service", and we know it's
not strictly necessary because non-UK users can listen anonymously. Presumably
the BBC's lawyers aren't that daft and have a suitable retort, but I'd love to
know what it is.