Oops, a few typos appeared. Here we go again:

Okay. Firstly download the get_iplayer.cgi script https://raw.githubusercontent.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/master/get_iplayer.cgi and install it into usr/bin or usr/local/bin (my pref). Don't forget to make it executable - chmod 755 get_iplayer.cgi

Hopefully you already have get_iplayer itself installed, dnf install get_iplayer does the trick or download the script from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/master/get_iplayer and install it in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin Don't forget to make it executable - chmod 755 get_iplayer

I had trouble starting the web service using init calls so added a few lines to .bashrc :

# User specific aliases and functions
export IPLAYER_OUTDIR="/data/tv/new" <---- change to suit
/usr/local/bin/get_iplayer.cgi.sh &

This calls /usr/local/bin/get_iplayer.cgi.sh:

#!/bin/sh
#
/usr/local/bin/get_iplayer.cgi --listen 127.0.0.1 --port 1935 &
#

Make it executable with chmod 755 get_iplayer.cgi.sh

So this script, when called from .bashrc, starts at boot time. You'll need to logout/login or run the following line manually to start it the first time:

/usr/local/bin/get_iplayer.cgi --listen 127.0.0.1 --port 1935 &

Then point your browser at http://127.0.0.1:1935/

This might look convaluted but I've found it to be very stable. No root permissions are needed except to install te scripts to /usr/local/bin or usr/bin

Paul

Hopefully you already have get_iplayer itself installed, dnf install get_iplayer does the trick or download the script from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/master/get_iplayer and install it in /usr/bin or /usr/bin/local