On 29 Jul 2019, David Woodhouse wrote:

> When an individual from a domain which publishes these stupid SPF and
> similar records saying "only accept mail from my mailserver", posts to
> the list, and it is rejected by stupidly configured mailservers which
> *honour* that request, that's when recipients' mail bounces.

This list works well in providing a Return-Path: for the message that
is at lists.infradead.org so I would have thought that RFC-compliant SPF
enforcement looks at that MAIL FROM, not the message headers' "From:"
line, and is satisfied. Perhaps some SPF enforcers do the wrong thing
given confusion over DMARC or something?

Thank you very much for some interesting explanation anyway.

-- Mark