On 24/12/2019 14:25, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

I'm using version 3.22, but I don't see anything relevant at
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release320to329#changes-in-323
that suggests 3.23 would fare better.

I don't claim to understand the changes made by the BBC which prompted the release of version 3.23.  There is a bit about it here.
https://forums.squarepenguin.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2129
and here
https://forums.squarepenguin.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2125

As I understand it, DVF and DAF (DASH) modes are not affected, so continuing to use v3.22 may not cause you a problem.  You probably won't see any HVF modes.  Even with v3.23 you won't see hvfxsd modes, which is the mode I use most often, until the next maintenance release.  I can use dvfxsd instead, but only with 96kbit/s HE-AAC v1 audio with SBR.  Until the maintenance release, for things that are not worth the effort of reducing the frame rate of dvfhd to 25fps I am taking the video from dvfxsd and combining it with the audio from
--tvmode=dvfhd  --audio-only

Best wishes
Richard