On 28 May 2020, Dave Widgery wrote:

> Lastly I do want to run get_iplayer on my laptop so I need something
> that there is a get_iplayer distribution available.

Certainly that makes things easier but, just so you know, it's really
not too bad to install the dependencies, and a fair chance those are
packaged at least, get_iplayer itself is just a script. Often it's not
great to rely on the distribution's packaging as when the BBC change
things it falls out of date and the script stops working, distributions
won't usually be quick to update but glad to hear of any exceptions!

-- Mark